INC NEWS - Warehouse Blues this Friday!

Smith, Annette Annette.Smith at durhamnc.gov
Wed Jun 18 15:28:10 EDT 2008

This summer enjoy great blues music at the Warehouse Blues series on
Friday nights at West Village (604 W. Morgan St.)  All concerts are held
at 6 p.m., free of charge and open to the public.  This Friday features
electric blues with Adolphus Bell and Dr. G.B. Burt.

For more information, call (919) 560-4355 or visit
www.durhamnc.gov/departments/parks.

Adolphus Bell

Adolphus Bell was born in and grew up in Alabama. He began performing at
the age of 22, four years after moving to Pittsburgh. He developed a
"One Man Band" concept when he became discouraged with his band members.
Bell sings and plays guitar, drums, high hat, and harp.  He has been
performing and serving as an activist, trying to improve the lives of
urban youth since the late 1960's. He began touring Europe and released
his first CD in 2005 with the help of Music Maker Relief Foundation.

Dr. G.B. Burt

Dr. G.B. Burt was born in Birmingham, Alabama. During WWII his family
moved to the West Coast where his father went to work in the shipyards.
He comes from a musical family as his mother played the piano and sang
gospel music. G.B. took up the guitar and playing the blues when he was
in his teens and has kept it up ever since. Inspired by watching the
feature film on Lead Belly, he bought a 12-string guitar that he has
stuck with ever since. "I want to put my stamp on this music, get my
name in the book, so people remember who I am," he said.

Warehouse Blues is sponsored by Durham Parks and Recreation, West
Village and Music Maker Relief Foundation

About Durham Parks and Recreation

Durham Parks and Recreation provides opportunities for the Durham
community to "Play More." The department strives to help citizens
discover, explore and enjoy life through creative and challenging
recreational choices that contribute to their physical, emotional and
social health.

Annette L. Smith

Recreation Manager of Administrative Services

Durham Parks and Recreation

p: 919-560-4355 x214

f: 919-560-4021

Annette.smith at durhamnc.gov <mailto:Annette.smith at durhamnc.gov>

www.durhamnc.gov <http://www.durhamnc.gov>

Durham Parks and Recreation provides opportunities for our community to
Play More!