INC NEWS - DRAFT Minutes June Meeting

Pat Carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 30 08:01:27 EDT 2008

>>let the experts define the specifics, but maintain a pressure to increase the protections.

This may have come out differently from what was meant, but I think we need to learn from Community Oriented Policing in other areas of governance:  We appreciate the experts and support their increasing professionalism, but we the public remain deeply involved with working out the issues.

Given what came out of the attempts to streamline development process (2 out of 4 proposals being NOT in the public interest -- not exactly a passing grade), we can't afford to "leave things to the experts"

Regards, pat