INC NEWS - FYI: Emergency PEPFAR Conference Call

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 30 17:05:30 EDT 2008

--- On Mon, 6/30/08, Mary Peterson <grassroots at globalaidsalliance.org> wrote:

From: Mary Peterson <grassroots at globalaidsalliance.org>
Subject: Emergency PEPFAR Conference Call
To: "Melissa Rooney" <mmr121570 at yahoo.com>
Date: Monday, June 30, 2008, 9:45 AM

Dear Melissa,
Thanks so much for your quick action last week. We sent over 1000 emails to 90 of 100 Senators. Your voice made a difference. Thank you.
Unfortunately several Senators decided to ignore the will of the people they represent and have continued to hold up the US Global AIDS, TB and Malaria bill. If this bill doesn't become law an untold number of people worldwide will die as a result.
We can still right this wrong.  Congress is now on recess which means that your Senators are working at home this week.  It's time to talk to them directly and tell them what you think.
Tomorrow (Tuesday July, 1), we have scheduled 2 emergency conference calls with supporters across the country to talk about what we can do.  You can pick the time that works best for you.
When:    July 1 at 2 pm EST or 7 pm EST
Call in Number:  1-866-846-3997
Passcode:  749610

Working Agenda
Welcome
Debrief of Situation
Identification of Targets
 All Senators but particularly:

Senator Bunning (R-KY)
Senator DeMint (R-SC)
Senator Kyl (R-AZ)
Senator McConnell (R-KY)
Senator Vitter (R-LA)
Next Steps
Please forward this email  to your friends and neighbors. We need as many voices as possible to make this life saving bill a reality.
If you have any questions at all please send me an email: mpeterson at globalaidsalliance.
I hope to speak to you on Tuesday at either 2 pm or 7 pm.
We need your voice now, more than ever,
Mary Peterson
Grassroots Coordinator
Global AIDS Alliance

To support GAA's work, please click here to make a secure online donation.
Did a friend forward this message to you? Please consider joining GAA's Action Network yourself. Just click here to sign up!
Please do not reply to this email. To contact GAA's Action Network, please click here.