INC NEWS - Hike to look at urban trees

RW Pickle randy at 27beverly.com
Thu Aug 7 00:46:57 EDT 2008

On the same note, I'll be appearing at the City Council work session today
at 2:30 (not 4 as usual for Citizen Concerns) with my expose' on the dead
trees in our City Parks. My guesstimate is 1,000 or more in the parks
alone. I have visited 22 of our 66 parks and have photos of 297 dead
trees. So I assume I missed a bunch. It was a lazy mans tour while
looking... I also threw away 50 some photos that weren't clear enough to
use. So trees are sure to be a big issue here shortly.

RWP
27 Beverly

> Please distribute to your neighborhood list-serves!  Thanks, pat
>
> August 31st (Sun) 2pm easy Urban "Nature Hike"DURHAM'S AILING STREET
> TREES--An Urban "Nature Hike"Many of Durham's urban neighborhoods are
> shaded by large streettrees planted more than 70 years ago. Now many are
> dying of old ageand pollution stress. Other trees have been massively
> pruned forpower lines or even removed. How can we replace our urban
> trees--tobeautify our neighborhoods, to save energy and to sequester
> greenhousegases? This 2 mile urban hike is sponsored by the Headwaters
> Chapter of the Sierra Club. Sunday, August 31, 2-3:30 pm. Meet at corner
> of Markham and Sedgefield St., north edge of Duke's East Campus. For
> information,Bob Healy (healy at duke.edu)(janethitti at verizon.net (572-2407)

This e-mail, and any attachments to it, contains PRIVILEGED AND
CONFIDENTIAL information intended only for the use of the addressee(s) or
entity named on the e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading,
dissemination or copying of this e-mail in error is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this electronic  transmission in error, please notify
me by telephone (919-489-0576) or by electronic mail (pickle at patriot.net)
immediately.