INC NEWS - Presentation on invasive plants on 10/16

Scott Carter carterjs at us.ibm.com
Wed Oct 15 15:41:58 EDT 2008

Dear Durham Neighbors,

There are several neighbors in Woodcroft who have raised a concern about
invasive plant species in our neighborhood.
There are locations where ivy is proliferating in Woodcroft and is a threat
to our beautiful natural areas, the larger ecosystem,
and our pocketbooks.   It can bring down trees, overrun paths, and wipe out
native plants.  This is a concern in other Durham
neighborhoods as well.

To raise awareness of this issue, the Woodcroft community has arranged for
Mike Kunz, a conservation biologist with the North Carolina
Botanical Garden, to speak on Thursday, October 16, at 7:30 p.m. about ivy
and other invasive plants and what we can do about them.
The presentation will be held in the Woodcroft Community Room, in Suite K
of the Woodcroft Professional Building, at the corner of
Woodcroft Parkway and Fortune’s Ridge Drive.    Woodcroft residents and
nonresidents are welcome to attend.

Hope to see you on Thursday.

Scott Carter
President, Woodcroft Community Association