INC NEWS - redundant correespondence from planning-- a way to cut costs

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 15 22:34:48 EST 2008

Yeah, TC0800008 says:

"The applicant [to receive notification] must provide...manner of notice, whether 1st class mail, electronic or other manner offered by the Planning Director. Notice will be provided in the manner specified in the registration information."

Perhaps they should change this to 'notice will ONLY be provided in the manner specified in the registration information,' to ensure that some system glitch doesn't end up sending the same people stuff by email and postal mail, and thus defeating the purpose.

In addition, for those who opt to receive notice by mail, they should get all notices within a specified period (say, 3-4 days) in one envelope (and with one postal stamp).

We are repeatedly being told that we need to find new ways to generate funds. Well, getting the most out of our postage costs is a start.

This text amendment (and discussion) should prompt Durham to check out other Divisions' methods of communication as well -- to eliminate redundance, and to combine multiple letters into one.

Melissa