INC NEWS - flashing bill boards are a bad idea...

John Schelp bwatu at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 3 12:05:17 EST 2008

folks,

Today's Bull City Rising has an entry on the proposal to introduce electronic bill boards in Durham...

http://www.bullcityrising.com/2008/12/billboard-debate-to-star-at-december-inc-meeting.html

I've seen these electronic boards in the Triad and near Richmond. They look like large flat screen TVs on a stick -- that flash different images every five seconds.

Not only do the bill boards represent a distraction on the Interstate in a congested urban setting, many of these bill boards stand near homes and residential neighborhoods along the Interstate.

I'm surprised this is even being considered by local officials. The INC needs to strongly oppose this move by the bill board industry.

~John Schelp