INC NEWS - Digital Billboards: Fairway

Mike - Hotmail mwshiflett at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 4 16:32:17 EST 2008

Skip also brings up several of the issues that I'd like to see addressed.

Like what the Billboard industry has to say about the decrepit and blighted billboards that are currently negatively affecting some of our neighborhoods.

Is there a way to have them removed in a judicious and fair manner?  Is there a compromise option to encourage them in places that make sense (along highways, thorough fares, etc) rather in and around residential neighborhoods, scenic byways or rural areas?

What benefits are there to the citizens and visitors to (thru?) Durham that considering digital billboard changes might provide us?

What happens if nothing changes?

I believe that asking these questions up front like Skip and others are proposing isn't saying that we're either for or against it.........we just want some more information (accurate and correct) before passing judgement.

Mike