INC NEWS - flashing billboards

Mullen, Julia Julia.Mullen at durhamnc.gov
Sat Dec 6 11:08:24 EST 2008

Hello INC,

The Planning Department would welcome the opportunity to present to the
INC on the proposed billboard text amendment.   We are happy to appear
at your convenience.

We have received requests for the actual text that is being proposed, so
attached is the version that was recently provided to the Appearance
Commission.  The original proposed text, which the Joint City-County
Planning Committee reviewed in August, was withdrawn.  Also attached is
UDO Article 11, Sign Standards.  Sections that relate to this proposed
amendment include Sec. 11.2.7, Changeable Copy on On-Premise Signs; Sec.
11.2.8B, Nonconforming Off-Premise Signs; Sec. 11.3.1, Animated or
Motion Signs [in Sec. 11.3, Prohibited Signs]; and Sec. 11.3.5,
Off-Premise Signs [in Sec. 11.3, Prohibited Signs].  Billboards are
off-premise signs but we believe this could have ramifications for
on-premise signs as well.  Please let me know if you need anything
further at this point.

Regards,

Julia

Julia Mullen, Planner