[Durham INC] City Council hearing on UDO changes -- chickens, bees, and ugly drop-off sites

Pat Carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 17 15:11:37 EST 2008

City Council will have hearings on 3 proposed changes to the UDO at their January 5 meeting:

004 -- On the drop-off sites for used clothes
005 -- On keeping chickens
006 -- On keeping bees

Regards, pat

Subject: Text Amendment Notice for TC0800004
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 14:42:32 -0500
From: Wade.Griffin at durhamnc.gov

For those of you who receive both email and standard mail for cases
in the near future, please bear with us. We will be continuing to send standard
mail to everyone until our updates are complete. You should stop receiving both
in the next month or so. Also, please be sure to get your updated contact information
to me as soon as possible. Thank for your patience.

Please
be advised of the following proposed change to the Durham Unified Development
Ordinance (UDO):  Text Change TC0800004 proposes revisions to the
following section of the UDO:  Sec. 5.4, Accessory Uses and Structures,
paragraph 5.4.7, Recycling Facilities and Drop-Off Sites, to prohibit
unattended clothing donation containers except where located at the operational
site of an organization that collects donated clothing as a primary business
function.

 The Durham City Council
will hold a public hearing on TC0800004 on January 5, 2009 at 7:00 p.m. in the
City Council Chambers at 101 City Hall Plaza.  The text of the proposed
change may be viewed at www.durhamnc.gov/council/ord_changes.
 Once the agenda is finalized, the text and staff memo may be viewed under
“Agendas” at www.durhamnc.gov/council/.
 Please contact the Planning Department for more information.  Staff
contact:  Julia Mullen, 560-4137 x255; e-mail, julia.mullen at durhamnc.gov

Notice Under the Americans with Disabilities Act

The City of Durham will not
discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities on the basis of
disability. Anyone who requires an auxiliary aid or service for effective
communications, or assistance to participate in a City program, service, or
activity, should contact the office of Stacey Poston, Acting ADA Coordinator,
Voice: 919-560-4197 x254, TTY: 919-560-4809; stacey.poston at durhamnc.gov, as
soon as possible but no later than 48 hours before the scheduled event.

Wade
Griffin

Planner

Durham City