[Durham INC] School supplies

Pat Carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 13 14:33:59 EDT 2009

I was at a DPS elementary school last week.  The media center person was saying the printer was out of ink and there would be no more printer cartridges until next year.  The teachers each have their stack of copier paper because THAT is running out.  There are about 35 days of school left.

This is not something that teachers should be being frustrated about.

I know I talked to a teacher earlier this year who was running around on a Friday afternoon, spending her supplies budget because someone was taking back any unspent money as of Monday.  So I don't know if this is one school's poor planning or a general system response to the economic situation.

Regards, pat