[Durham INC] N&O blog on 751/SDD appraisal scandal

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 4 20:22:58 EDT 2010

See the link below.
http://blogs.newsobserver.com/bullseye/

Wow. This is ridiculous and definitely nasty. How on earth is it okay in this
country for a company to take the state to court because the latter gave back a
supposed GIFT!!?? I'm glad that citizens can't take each other to court for gift
returns, or I'd be in serious trouble at Christmas-time!

Saddest part is that this 'gift' will most definitely become a road, which
wouldn't have any affect on the protest petition. But before it becomes a road,
if the 'gift' is accepted, it becomes state property which would then exclude
current signatories from being able to sign the protest petition, thereby making
the protest petition invalid. Hope this makes some sense.

You know, if Durham County had paid for a truly independent survey of Jordan
Lake (in collaboration with Chatham and Orange Counties, who also contain parts
of the lake), then it would have saved all of us a lot of money, time, and
stress. This whole manipulated process has cost Durham County citizens far more
than the cost for an independent survey of our portion of Jordan Lake...

Melissa Rooney