[Durham INC] Learn about the DPS Budget for 2011-2012

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 10 21:42:19 EST 2011

See below. Our schools are going to be facing severevfed and state cuts this
year, not to mention possible push towards privatization. Parents need to
educate themselves now and start figuring out where their most dire concerns
lie, and making these known. The PTA meeting below is a good start.

If we citizens are expected to advocate for more funding for our public schools,
we should demand complete transparency with regard to the DPS budget, including
superintendents, asst supers, directors, etc., in order to counter/understand
why the county always says that DPS is top-heavy and needs to better manage
their funds.

 I hope some of you can make this important meeting.

Melissa ( Rooney )