[Durham INC] NPR and PBS th get the chopping block?

Free Spirit freespirit0623 at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 12 15:12:13 EST 2011

Does anyone have these figures?  It would be interesting to calculate how much would be saved based on cutting legislative salaries and various perks.  As I recall, under state statute, the top leadership gets fairly generous salaries, but the rest of them are paid something like $14,000 a year, with an expense allowance of another $500-600 a month.  I’m not sure how much it costs them, on average, to travel from their various home districts to Raleigh for the duration; that would be an interesting figure to have as well.

  _____