[Durham INC] Our transit future -- Third round public workshops -- Wednesday

Ed Harrison ed.harrison at mindspring.com
Thu Mar 24 12:18:45 EDT 2011

The workshop this afternoon is at the Friday Center, just outside the
Durham County line on the south side of NC 54 (on the left coming from
Durham). While the workshops are about every potential station and
every potential alignment, the planned station somewhere on the Friday
Center site would be within a few minutes by light rail from 3 to 4
Durham County stations -- the number depends on whether or not a
station is shifted eastward. Two Orange County stations would be to
the west of Friday Center, most notably the terminus on the UNC-CH
campus.

The workshop next week is at the RTP Foundation headquarters, just
off  Exit 280 (Davis Drive) on I-40, on Thursday.

All workshops start at 4 and go on as late as 7, with presentations at
4, 5 and 6 PM.

Ed Harrison

Triangle Transit Board Member