[Durham INC] Postmaster Mike King

John Martin bulldurhamnc at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 22:29:10 EST 2011

Hey Darius,
That sounds like an absolutely horrendous experience.  I'm happy to include you in the meeting, but I would like to stress that the first order of discussion has to be local post office practices and how they effect neighborhoods.  That would mean talking first about the issue Myers raised:  threatening to cut off mail delivery if a particular household does not put up a mailbox on a post by the street.  Then, second, I would like to find why he thinks there are so many complaints about postal service in East Durham.  (I don't see these kind of complaints on other listservs.)  And then I would like to hear why there is a problem with contacting the Postmaster at the post office, or their 800 number.   In other words, I would like to have him address general policies and practices.  I don't want to get bogged down in a long discussion of why a particular package didn't get delivered, or why someone wasn't in his office on a particular day.
I hope this sounds reasonable.  I welcome your comments and the comments of others as well.
John