[Durham INC] NC Leg lifting the ban on fracking!?

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 23 11:47:52 EDT 2012

Please see important information below.

I can't believe that legislation is being considered to prohibit localities from having any input or control over fracking in their jurisdictions.
That's like my neighborhood HOA prohibiting me from installing a rain barrel/cistern on my house (which was contemplated briefly but not done).

Are we truly going to become a state/country where environmental responsibility and accountability is restricted by law?

I feel like I'm in the Orwell novel 1984. Double Speak. War is peace and money is drinkable, even when it's in the hands of the 1%.

Please help when/where you can!
Melissa (Rooney)