[Durham INC] MLK | 2014 King Holiday Celebration Events

DeWarren K. Langley secretary at durhammlkcommittee.org
Wed Jan 8 23:18:49 EST 2014

The Durham Community MLK Steering Committee will hold its 2014 King Holiday
Celebration Events Sunday, January 12, 2014 through Monday, January 20, 2014
in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. The Events are as follows:

R     Youth Program | Motivational Speaker - Janice Guess, Author of Little
Colored Girls Want to Wear Pearls Too| Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 4PM | Mt.
Gilead Baptist Church, 404 Dowd Street, Durham, NC 27701

R     34nd Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Triangle Interfaith Prayer
Breakfast | Monday, January 20, 2014 - 7AM | Sheraton Imperial Hotel &
Convention Center, 4700 Emperor Boulevard, Research Triangle Park, NC 27703

R     Unity March & Rally | Monday, January 20, 2014 | 10:30AM | Beginning
at the NC Mutual Life Insurance Company - 411 West Chapel Hill Street &
concluding at First Presbyterian Church - 305 E. Main Street

R     Annual Religious Service | Keynote Speaker - Rev. Dr. Sherri Arnold
Graham, Executive Secretary Treasurer of Woman's Baptist Home & Foreign
Missionary Convention of North Carolina  | Monday, January 20, 2014 - 6PM |
St. Mark A.M.E. Zion Church, 531 S. Roxboro Street, Durham, NC 27701

All events are free and open to the public.

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. devoted his life to equality, social justice,
economic advancement, and opportunity for all.  As a community, we must use
Dr. King's example as a guide for us in addressing our most critical issues
through collaborative action to create, strengthen and sustain opportunities
for others to strengthen their own and other's economic opportunity and
ensure proper investment in our youth to promote long-term success.

The MLK Steering Committee is a community-based organization committed to
preserving the legacy and example of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. by planning
appropriate ceremonies and programs in recognition of the King Holiday.

For information visit, www.durhammlkcommittee.org or contact DeWarren K.
Langley at secretary at durhammlkcommittee.org.

--

Sincere Regards,

DeWarren K. Langley, JD

Secretary

The Durham Community Martin Luther King, Jr. Steering Committee, Inc.

P.O. Box 1469, Durham, NC 27702

secretary at durhammlkcommittee.org

www.durhammlkcommittee.org <http://www.durhammlkcommittee.org/>

M:  (919) 423-8089

Injustice Anywhere is a Threat to Jusitce Everywhere.

The work of the MLK Steering Committee depends exclusively on the support of
individuals, faith & civic organizations, and businesses, corporations, &
foundations. We humbly ask that you consider making a generous donation of
$50, $100, $250, or $500 which is critical to the success of our Academic
Scholarships & 2014 King Holiday Celebration Events.

<https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=5FZUAT
TZCWUV4>