[Durham INC] Possible Cancelation of tonight's INC Meeting

Ed Harrison ed.harrison at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 28 16:11:55 EST 2014

Your INC Secretary, my wife Pat Carstensen, long ago educated me in the use of the word "decent" -- "Decent!" -- to describe the weather on blazingly sunny but chilly winter days. Apparently Up Home , at the western end of Lake Erie, these days were a Good Thing in winter. After my first Christmas visit to her family, I readily agreed. We also apply the term "decent" to those first cool, low-humidity days in late summer and early Fall around here -- personally, as a cyclist, my favorite weather. But Pat and I have never yet used the term "indecent" for weather, and probably for the reason which Dorothy cites.

Ed Harrison, who isn't seeing snow yet