[Durham INC] Thanksgiving in Spring (TIS) on Saturday, May 3, 2014

Kipp, Ian Ian.Kipp at bhhsysu.com
Wed Mar 26 19:42:02 EDT 2014

Hello INC,

As a continuation of my presentation at last night's meeting, here is more information on Thanksgiving in Spring 2014. The information distributed last night is attached and the below link will answer most of your questions.

This placemaking event, which celebrates the uniqueness and fun of Durham includes many of the things we love; food, community, bikes, and new to this year, lanternmaking, and the event's finale, from 8 to 10PM, Illuminate Durham- in which there will be dessert, music, lights, entertainment and other activities.

While last year Thanksgiving in Spring dinner table was set up on Mangum Street at Old 5 Points, this year's meal will be on Roney Street, behind the Farmer's Market. The bike parade, meal (Thanksgiving in Spring) and the Illuminate Durham (Lantern Parade) segment of the event will all be in the Central Park/Farmer's Market Area.

Get involved by planning to attend the event, making a donation on the neighborly site (link below),  or volunteer to help with logistics, the bike parade and/or the Lantern Parade.

Also, if you are part of a neighborhood, community, or virtually any other type of group, consider coming en masse, and doing something fun and special! The sky is the limit!

Below is a link to the fundraising site, which has the full details, including how to volunteer for the event:
http://neighbor.ly/projects/thanksgiving-in-spring

Wanona or I will follow up with the INC listserv as the fast approaching event gets closer.

Thanks again for your support, financial and other!

Ian Kipp for TIS 2014