[Durham INC] Zoning protest Petition Bill Update

Tom Miller tom-miller1 at nc.rr.com
Mon Jul 14 09:34:34 EDT 2014

Dear Neighbors:

I hope you had a great July 4 holiday.  The protest petition repeal bill,
Senate Bill 734, is still being held by the Senate Ways and Means Committee,
but its chairman, Tom Apodaca, says he will be releasing concurrence bills
this week.  Senate Bill 734 is in the senate for concurrence - an up-or-down
vote on the bill as it was amended in the house.  This is our last chance to
ask our senators to stop the bill.  It is my hope that the senate will amend
some other bill to include most of the things now contained in S 734, but
leave out the protest petition repeal provisions.  If they do this, they can
send that bill to the house and let S 734 die in committee.

Please e-mail all the senators serving your larger community and tell them
to save the zoning protest petition right.  Do this even if you have written
them before.  Let's not let them think that the issue has gone away or
become quiet over the last few days.

Thank you for your patience.  I am very grateful to you all.

Tom Miller

Durham