[Durham INC] Fwd: FW: Share your thoughts on the Durham-Orange Light Rail (D-OLRT) project!!!

Joshua Allen allen.joshua at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 21:28:11 EDT 2014

I think everyone is getting caught up in the hoopla of a train. I think trains are really cool too....  When they are underground or for longer distances.  Light rail is terrible.  I've seen it first hand in Houston and it backs up traffic tremendously.  They cause lights to turn and stay red much more often. You can wait several cycles of red lights before getting through an intersection if you are a driver.

And you can give the middle finger to cars all you want, but I'm sure most of us drive cars everyday and will continue to drive them even if we get light rail.  Subway is awesome. Light rail is awful.  If you disagree, at least go somewhere that has it, try to drive near it, and see how great you think it is then.  Erwin Road already sucks and it will suck way way worse if we put light rail down the middle. This is all wishful utopian thinking but a really bad idea in practice.

--Joshua
-----
Sent from iPhone.  Please excuse brevity, typos, etc.