[Durham INC] [OWDNA] Pruning City Trees

TheOcean1 at aol.com TheOcean1 at aol.com
Tue Dec 9 10:26:18 EST 2014

Folks

While I  agree with Don's advice about calling 560-1200 if you're having
problems with a  City street tree, in the circumstances described below, the
first call should be  to 911 !!
I suggested that to Kevin Lilly (privately, last night) and from  the email
he just sent to several participants, he seems to  agree.

That's a  short thread below, but even a complete stranger to Durham should
note the  following gleaned only from that text:

Not one, but  TWO companies are knocking on doors offering to do work only
authorized to be  performed by Duke Power or the City of Durham. Citations
and/or Fines can be  issued to all others.

Offering to  charge our citizens for work that should be done at no charge,
is the  first red flag. The first question that should be asked, "Do you
have a vendor's  licence?"

No vendor's  permit equals MISDEMEANOR (AKA: Against the Law!) call Police!

The  discussion regarding how Duke Energy performs this trimming work is
valuable and  should continue, but the two companies knocking on doors
shouldn't just be  stopped, they should probably be arrested.

Bill Anderson

In a message dated 12/9/2014 7:03:31 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,