[Durham INC] FW: Billboard

Pat Carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 16 19:35:04 EDT 2015

I know that most folks on the list-serve don't need any convincing, but will enjoy sending this "news flash" from the Sierra Club  to friends and family.
Regards, pat

Back in a Flash

They’re at it again!
It seems like every year the billboard industry wants to roll back the
rules that we put in place to protect the natural beauty of our state and the
appearance of our communities.

Don’t let them get away with it!  Contact your legislator today and them know
that it’s unacceptable that H 304:

Removes important local controls over billboards;
Puts taxpayers on the hook for higher bills if signs
need to be removed; and,
Allows all signs on major roads to be converted to
digital billboards at the discretion of the companies -- not the local
government or NCDOT.

Click here to take action now!