[Durham INC] Tree band removal

Freid, Tobin L. tfreid at dconc.gov
Mon May 4 13:25:49 EDT 2015

I know there were a lot of discussions on neighborhood lists a month or so ago about when to remove tree bands. Please let all your neighbors know that now is the time. It is getting warmer and the chance of the trees suffering from rot and mold under wet tree bands is a real concern, so give them a breather until next fall.   There is no benefit at all to keeping the bands up any longer so please take them down and spread the word.  If you see a band on a street tree, please remove that too, even if you didn't put it up. We had a lot of great volunteers put the bands up on street trees this fall but it has been challenging for us to get them all down again in a timely manner.

Thank you for caring so passionately about our trees!

Tobin L. Freid
Sustainability Manager
Durham City & County
(919) 560-7999
www.GreenerDurham.net<http://www.GreenerDurham.net>
Please note my new email address: tfreid at dconc.gov
[facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/GreenerDurham.net>[twitter]<http://www.twitter.com/GreenerDurham>[instagram]<http://instagram.com/greenerdurham>

P Please only print this e-mail when necessary. Thank you for helping Durham be environmentally responsible.