[Durham INC] proposed development at W. Cornwallis and 15-501

don lebkes dll-sjl at frontier.com
Wed Jul 1 11:11:24 EDT 2015

Hello Colony Park, Pac 3  and INC and those who follow our web sites.  Please pass along to others.

The Planning Commission will hear the rezoning for the W. Cornwallis property to our east.  We have been trying to work with the developer but we seem to be stuck.  What we need is a large turn out at the Planning Commission hearing, on July the 14th at 5:30PM at City Hall.  Come join us up front in the chamber, let’s fill the first three rows.  Your letters are helping but we need bodies at he meeting.  Bring the whole family and your friends.  We need your support.

The developer will make millions and leave.  What will we be left with forever;
traffic problems cause by an additional 400 cars added to the roads in the area
over crowed and backed up exit and on ramps to 15-501
lack of concern for the publics safety as well as our fireman who's trucks uses W. Cornwallis daily
storm water problems
clear cutting of the trees between 30-40 acres
mass grading of the property to fit more town homes and try to control storm water
200 town homes squeezed into 30 acre
no true transition area between 2 home per acre and 7.6 home per acre as is stated there needs to be, in the UDO and the Comprehensive Plan.

We want responsible and thoughtful development, driven by and understanding of the area in Durham were we live.  There is nothing in our area like what is being proposed.

See you all on the 14th

Don