[Durham INC] INC-list Digest, Vol 129, Issue 6

TheOcean1 at aol.com TheOcean1 at aol.com
Thu Sep 10 11:49:24 EDT 2015

This probably won't "post" to the INC listserv because of some tech problem
 at least two of us experience, but I wanted to confirm your thinking
regarding  the cluster boxes.
It was a long time ago, but Mike Woodard and I were visiting with
Postmaster Chris Tinkham. He explained that if a cluster could save even a  minute
or two per day, it would add up to a large savings for USPS. So large, in
fact, that if the cluster of boxes was old and poorly maintained, because many
 were purchased by the original developer who opted for the cheap ones,
that USPS  could potentially pay to replace them. And if an entire cul-de-sac
wanted to  give up their rural mailboxes, they'd pay to install a new cluster
at the  entrance.

City wide, this was probably a very valuable offer at that time. Perhaps it
 was just talk, and lots has changed at USPS since then.... but perhaps
it's  worthy of re-exploration!

Bill

Bill  Anderson

In a message dated 9/10/2015 10:58:44 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,