[Durham INC] Parents for Safe Technology call to action

Josie McNeil riojosie at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 19:25:06 EDT 2016

All being placed on park land:

"See .gov site in earlier post above..."This request seeks approval of four additional hut sites required by Google: on the parcel of the City’s Birchwood Park located at 3105 Hursey Street, on the parcel of the City’s Solite Park located at 4704 Fayetteville Road, on the parcel of the City’s West Point on the Eno Park located at 135 Latta Road, and on the parcel of the City’s Rock Quarry Park located at 701 Stadium Drive.”

It was approved by Council.  I do not follow the Council agenda regularly, so I was very surprised and upset to see the trees downed on West Point on the Eno Durham City Park that adjoins Latta Road.  I have expressed my dismay to City Council, more about the loss of parkland than this health issue, but I am also very  concerned about Ellen’s point.

Josie McNeil
VP, Friends of West Point Park
Lochaven Hills Neighborhood