[Durham INC] September-October Zoning, Board of Adjustment, etc. notifications

Pat Carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 7 06:51:11 EDT 2016

Various notifications we have gotten about development stuff.  Sorry about getting these out late -- I was traveling.

For Board of County Commissioners meeting on October 10th:

  *   East End land use analysis with lots of zoning changes, see  https://durhamnc.gov/1618/East-End-Connector-Land-Use-Analysis

For City Council on October 17th:

  *   Copley Farm -- Four parcels on Freeman Road near Valmet -- from suburban residential to rural residential
  *   Ellis Road Commercial -- Northeast corner of S.Ellis and Durham Freeway, from a mix of residential, industrial and commercial to commercial, requiring a change in the future land use map (we would lose a little industrial, which at one point we were worried about having enough)
  *   Southpoint Trails II -- West side of NC751, just north of Stage Coach, re-arranging a planned residential development for more density, requiring a change of the future land use map for the more density
  *   Bernini Drive (Pulte) -- North of 185/Durham Freeway junction) suburban residential to a planned development
  *   Aaron Drive -- Moving a small parcel into city jurisdiction on Abron Drive near Massey Chapel

Neighborhood Meetings

  *   September 16 -- Eno Animal Hospital building a vet clinic at 117 Goodwin Road near Northern High School, and downzoning area to rural residential
  *   September 23 -- proposed commercial development on 3 acres just south of Harris Teeter at 751 and 54
  *   September 26 -- putting in a conservation subdivision on Doc Nichols Rd.

Heard at October 3rd City Council

  *   Bethpage Village IV -- North of Chin Page, west of page -- Change of future land use plan from industrial to low/medium (4-8 units / acre) residential
  *   3223 Hwy 55 -- to bigger commercial at NW corner of intersection with Cornwallis
  *   Patriot Business Park -- Moving part of North RTP compact district into regular suburban tier

Heard at September 27th Board of Adjustment meeting:

  *   Minor special use permit for a place of worship in a residential district on Page Road near Globe Rd.
  *   Variance on the maximum side yard setback at 355 Morehead
  *   Minor special use permit to expand a place of worship in a residential district at 3214 Banner.

  *