[Durham INC] Durham Roots Farmer's Market at Northgate Mall starts Saturday, April 1!

Will Wilson willwilsn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 16:56:27 EDT 2017

Come join us at Northgate Mall for our "Soft Season Opener" on Saturday,
April 1st! It's the start of our little market's second season and we'd
love to see you all come out on a beautiful morning! It's a little early
for Durham-grown produce, but we'll have plenty of protein and plant
starts. We expect the produce to come in later in the month, so we're
putting off our Grand Opening until April 22nd.

As we start the new season, we again want to thank all the folks at
Northgate Mall for their amazingly kind and generous hosting of our
market -- please support your locally owned mall!

We've made one change for the coming season: We now accept producers
from the Orange, Person, and Granville County portions of the Upper
Neuse River Basin -- that's the watershed for Durham's primary drinking
water reservoirs -- and it's in our interest to promote farmland
preservation in that area, too. On Saturday, please welcome Sankofa Farm
from Orange County.

Confirmed vendors for Saturday include:

Architectural Trees will have Salad bowls, Health Bowls, and veggie
starts. Some of their new annuals will be available as well.

Blue Whistler Farm will be there with pasture/woodlot raised Pork,
Grass-fed Lamb, a few cuts of pasture raised Chicken, and grass-fed
Rabbit! All fed only non-GMO feed/or 100% grass fed.

Bull City Farm will be there with Pastured Pork, Grass fed Lamb, and
Free-Range Eggs!

Sankofa Farms LLC is a multifaceted agricultural entity that seeks to
assist changing the food intake habits of those living in and affected
by food deserts. Currently our business offers quail, duck and chicken
eggs. This year will be our first planting season and we are looking to
provide various veggies throughout the year!

The above lists are always subject to change, and some products are in
short supply. Enter Northgate at the Gregson Street entrance near the
theaters and you'll see the market on the right. Hours are 8am to noon
on Saturday.

We love animals, but please -- no pets at the market (service animals
are OK)!

For last minute information check out and like our Facebook page, and
join our email list at "bit.ly/1VfDSPZ".

Please come out and support our vendors and Durham's farmland
preservation efforts!