[Durham INC] This Week at the Durham Roots Farmers Market at Northgate

Will Wilson willwilsn at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 13:16:39 EDT 2017

Please share with your neighborhoods!!

Durham Roots Farmers Market, Saturday 8-12 Northgate Mall

Come join us at the Market. We've got plenty to fill your table and
brighten up your house. We'll keep an eye out for you.

Architectural Trees - unusual coleus, hanging baskets, container gardens
for shade or sun, a few conifers, the last pepper starts, geraniums,
perennials, and a few surprises

Blue Whistler Farm will be at Roots 8a-11a with chicken breasts,
drumsticks, thighs, wings, pork chops, brats, ground sausage, boston
butts, spare ribs, rabbit & duck! We're having Open Farm day from
1:00-4:00, so bring the family up to the farm for the afternoon to see
where your food comes from! 9923 n Roxboro Rd Bahama NC 27503, just 15
minutes north of the market! Share this post to receive a 10% discount
on your total purchase!

Chickpea Farm - fresh cabbage, kohlrabi, some kale, a little lettuce,
green beans, zucchini, daikon radishes, beautiful beets, turnips, hot
peppers - purple cayennes and green serrano tampiqueno, green peppers.

Dandies Farm - "Squashes - yellow summer, green zuchinni, scalloped,
round & baby, green beans,
Summercrisp green leaf lettuce, fennel, kohlrabi, rainbow chard, kale,
basil, cabbage, arugula, cucumber, elephant garlic, radicchio, chives,
thyme, mint, turnips, garlic flower tops,  flower 4 packs (vinca cora
mix, coleus wizard mix) & Veggie 4 packs (chives, red cayenne).

Esmerelda's Cafe - hot coffee, donuts, Ninth Street Bakery bread

Jubilee Farm - herb and tomato starts,  bamboo and pepper jelly, eggs,
fruit jellies

Textbook Plantery - Blue African Basil, Golden Thyme, Hot and Spicy
Oregano, Provence Lavender, Cilantro, Black Vernissage Tomato Plants,
Smokey Bronze Fennel, Barbeque Rosemary, Genovese Basil, Pink Senorita
Zinnas, Succulents, Terrariums, Dill, Coriander

The above lists are always subject to change, and some products are in
short supply.

Please no pets, other than service animals, at the market.

*** Durham County's Farmland Preservation Board initiated the Durham
Roots Farmer's Market at Northgate because preserving Durham County's
farms means providing more sales opportunities for Durham County farmers
and horticulturalists. We heartily welcome everyone from small and
beginning to large and established producers, as well as church, school,
and community gardens.
We love socializing: View our webpage and follow our blog:
www.durhamroots.org
Like us on FB: @durhamrootsfm
Holler at us on Twitter and stay up to date on Saturday market changes:
@durhamrootsfm
Check out our pretty pictures on Instagram: durhamrootsfm