[Durham INC] Annual National Night Out Neighborhood Beer Garden

Tom Miller tom-miller1 at nc.rr.com
Wed Jul 26 11:20:00 EDT 2017

Dear Neighbors:

It's time again for our annual National Night Out Neighborhood Beer Garden.
We hope you can come!  Here's the invite:

Please come to a

Neighborhood Beer Garden

On the occasion of

National Night Out

under the tent at 1110 Virginia Avenue

hosted by Tom and Kim Miller and Leann Nelson and Glenn Martin

on Tuesday evening, August 1, from 6:00 until 9:30 o'clock.

Musical entertainment will be provided by Vince Simonetti and his tuba trio.

If you have lederhosen or dirndl skirts, you are encouraged to wear them.

If you have a favorite beer stein, please bring it.

Cold German Beer! German Wine! German Cheese! German Pretzels!

As in years past, we are using the event to in-gather school supplies for
teachers and students in the Durham Public Schools as part of the FILL THAT
BUS! Campaign:

Help us Fill That Bus!

                This year our National Night Out event is promoting the Fill
That Bus Campaign to help teachers and students with the school supplies
they need.  Teachers report that they spend on average between $500 to $1000
of their own money to supply their classrooms each year.  Education should
not be hampered by a lack of basic school supplies!

What you can do to help:

1        Bring your donations to the National Night Out Neighborhood Beer
Garden at 1110 Virginia Avenue on Tuesday, August 1.  We will have
collection bins there.

2        Make a financial contribution to Crayons2Calculators

          (Visit www.crayons2calculators.org)

The 10 Most Needed Items are:

Crayons (boxes)

Glue Sticks

Markers (boxes)

Pencils (packs)

Erasers

Highlighters

Clipboards

Copy Paper - reams

Spiral Notebooks

Composition Books

Other items include: Calculators, Colored pencils (boxes), Construction
paper, Staplers, Hand Sanitizer, Notebook Paper (packs), Pencil sharpeners,
Pens (packs), Post-it notes, Supply boxes, and Tissues.

If you can't join us for the neighborhood beer garden on August 1, you can
drop your donations of on Kathy Cater and Fred Peterson's porch at 2321 West
Club Boulevard.