[Durham INC] Watts Grocery Benefit for the Community Cafe - There are still a few Slots Left!

Tom Miller tom-miller1 at nc.rr.com
Sat Dec 9 15:39:41 EST 2017

Dear Friends:

Tomorrow afternoon, Chef Amy Tornquist at Watts Grocery is hosting a holiday
party as a benefit for the Community Café at Durham Urban Ministries.  We
still have a few slots left and although the notice is short, I hope you can
join us.

Every day, all year round, the Community Café provides hot meals to our
neighbors in most need.  The food is cooked right there on Queen Street and
it’s good.  Last year, the café served nearly 300,000 meals - no questions
asked - to people who had no other place to go.  Three hundred thousand hot
meals – the number is staggering.  It is fitting that we, who enjoy warm
homes and plenty on every hand, pull together to share with our Durham
neighbors who don’t enjoy our advantages.  If we fill all of the 75 slots,
we’ll raise nearly $1,900 for the Community café.  It would be a terrible
shame to let one slot go unfilled.

The cost is just $25 per person.  100% of the money will go to the Community
Café.  In addition to hosting the event at Watts Grocery, Amy and her team
are donating all the eats.  Dean Michaels is supplying the wine and Matt
Pennisi of Durty Bull is supplying the beer.  What neighbors!  What friends!

AND, just for fun, we’ll have a blind raffle for wine.  Wine guy Dean
Michaels has selected a mixed case of wines ranging in value from around $10
to $40.  We’ve wrapped these in brown wrappers so no one will know what’s
what.  Buy a chance to win a bottle for $10 and if we draw your name, you
get to pick from the bin.  AND, again, just for fun, we’ve thrown in a
couple of bottles of nice Champagne to sweeten the pot.  Every penny of the
raffle money will go to the Community Café – raising our possible total to
well over $2,000.  In a game like this, there really are no losers.

The event is tomorrow, Sunday, December 10th, from 4:00pm to 6:00pm.

Sign up using the info below and we’ll collect your $25 in cash or by check
at the door.

Please RSVP either to Heather Gudac, hszaczek at gmail.com , directly or online
here:  <http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0c45aca728a4f85-community>
http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0c45aca728a4f85-community .