[Durham INC] Parking Ninth St and down town

Joshua Allen allen.joshua at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 15:28:28 EST 2017

Isn't street parking on 9th street still free for 2 hours?  Do you mean you
want a few 15-minute free parking spots so people actually actually
turnover spots quickly or get a ticket?  I think that could be accomplished
with the existing street parking.  My understanding is that the lease on
the 9th Street parking lot cost around $80,000 a year (maybe I have an old
or incorrect figure), so that's why parking costs money in that lot.  Seems
reasonable to convert some of the 2 hour street parking on 9th Street to 15
minutes though.  I imagine the city will hire a consultant and pay them
$200,000 to study the situation to determine the demand. :-D

--
Joshua