[Durham INC] Transit Advisory Committee

Pat Carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 22 17:21:37 EST 2017

The deadline to apply for the committee has been extended until January 8.

Got an interest in public transit? An opinion about rail? An idea about connecting the Triangle in ways that increase mobility for the underserved?

GoTriangle is creating a Transit Citizen Advisory Committee to help keep its Board of Trustees informed of community issues associated with providing a high-quality transit network that serves the needs of our entire region.

More info and the application is here: http://gotriangle.org/news/article?item=0be14028-9a88-45ba-98b4-35590049b789
<http://gotriangle.org/news/article?item=0be14028-9a88-45ba-98b4-35590049b789>

I'm told that the original application form was "weird" and hard to use. The form at the link above looks like it is now fillable online, which sounds like an improvement. It asks several questions that appear to require familiarity with transit and related issues, but I expect that any intelligent answer will be accepted.  Commissioners Wendy Jacobs (chair) and Ellen Reckhow, the two County representatives on the GoTriangle Board, are monitoring the application process and hoping for a good response.

Regards (and happy holidays), pat