[Durham INC] Free Kids Blueberry Pancakes at Roots Farmers Market!

Will Wilson willwilsn at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 17:40:08 EDT 2018

***Please Distribute***

Free Kids Blueberry Pancakes at Roots Farmers Market!
Saturday June 30th, 8-12 Gregson St Entrance of Northgate Mall
We're celebrating blueberry season with Esmerelda's Blueberry Pancakes
this weekend featuring John's and Bob's blueberries, and kids 12 and
under get a free stack! There'll also be samples of fresh blueberry
salsa and a few blueberry recipes to give away, along with Got To Be NC
kids activity books.  Along with blueberries, we'll have farm-fresh
greens, veggies, tomatoes, eggs, beef, and flowering and garden plants.
For entertainment, Northgate Jammers will play from 9:30 to 11:30.

Saturday's vendors include:

Accent on Annuals: John will have pints of chem-free blueberries
including Climax, Premier and Brightwell. See if you can tell the
difference! Also colorful coleus for that shady corner, bunches of fresh
lavender flowers, and cut flowers.

Caywood Farm: Ground beef, roasts and ribs plus some soup bones.

Chickpea Farm: Tomatoes (14 varieties and two cherries)! A few pounds of
white potatoes, pole beans, a bit of early okra, a few eggplants, plenty
of eggs, green peppers, beets, and chard. A few pints of blackberries
for early birds. (I'll reuse your paper egg cartons!) Plants: butterfly
weed,  butterfly bush, and some wildflowers.

Dandies Farm: Blueberries, Tomatoes (early girls, mountain, cherry mix,
and salad), Kohlrabi, Cucumbers, Basil, Green leaf summercrisp lettuce
heads, Kale, Rainbow Swiss chard, Green beans, Bell pepper green,
Chives, Mint, Squash (variety), parsley, little cabbages, Elephant
garlic flowers, fennel bulb, and Cascade Hops (sprouting plants in pots)

The Family Farmstead: We'll be bringing steaks, hotdogs, stew meat,
short ribs, liver and bones.

The Microgreenery: We will have our microgreens, cutting them fresh
right before your eyes!  Basic salad, spicy salad mixes, sunflower
microgreens, rainbow chard, lil gem micro romaine lettuce, bulls blood
beets. Purple Sango radish, red mustard, and purple basil! Custom mix
your salads!! We will also have a few baby watermelon, cucumber,
zucchiini and jumbo melon starts, and bunches of sunflowers. We will
also red clover, and possibly popcornshoots if ready in time!!

Toad Hill Farm:  Mike and Nicole will be there with lots of summer
staples:  cucumbers, squash, peppers, beans, kale, collards, beets,
carrots and potatoes.  We'll have some fresh herbs (sage, dill and
basil) too!

Esmerelda's Cafe offers hot coffee, pastries, breakfast sandwiches, and
blueberry pancakes!