[Durham INC] More hurricane prep; Centerfest cancelled; calming apps; Events and festivals September and October Triangle, NC, TN and VA

Laura Drey lauradrey at ncrrbiz.com
Fri Sep 14 00:17:50 EDT 2018

Primary web sites for hurricanes and other bad weather conditions (see modified attachment for more info)

(added) Road conditions for travelers www.drivenc.gov <http://www.drivenc.gov/>
(added) Department of Public Safety includes updates by Governor Cooper www.ncdps.gov <http://www.ncdps.gov/>
Phone app and web site www.readync.com <http://www.readync.com/> from NC Dept. of Public Safety has info on — plan and prepare (including planning, protect your home, vital records, evacuating), stay informed (including travel conditions), recover and rebuild and more.

I am not recommending whether to stay or leave.
———-

Calming apps that can assist with sleep and other situations

I use the following free apps to get to sleep - Calm - Meditation Techniques for sleep and Stress Reduction https://www.calm.com <https://www.calm.com/> and Relax Melodies sleep like never before. Mix, play, sleep. It’s that simple. https://www.ipnos.com/apps/relax-melodies/ <https://www.ipnos.com/apps/relax-melodies/>

———-

Centerfest cancelled
Because of the developing danger that Hurricane Florence poses to North Carolina, and the Durham area, we are cancelling CenterFest Arts Festival 2018 which was scheduled for Saturday, September 15 and Sunday, September 16.

Even though we are very disappointed, storm preparation and the safety of all our 1,500 artists, performers, vendors, City support personnel, police, staff and volunteers, and the 30,000+ residents and visitors who always come to enjoy CenterFest are of the utmost importance.

While CenterFest will not be rescheduled this year, we are looking forward to Durham Arts Council's next major arts event downtown - Durham Art Walk scheduled for the weekend of November 17 and 18.  We will work to make Art Walk an exciting artistic celebration and kick off to the holiday season!   Many of your favorite artists will appear at Durham Art Walk on November 17 and 18, so mark your calendars and plan to attend!

We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. Artists and Vendors will be contacted separately regarding CenterFest booth fee refunds.

If you have questions or concerns please call DAC at (919) 560-2787.
Please stay safe.

Sincerely,
Sherry DeVries
Executive Director