[Durham INC] Neighbors, invitation: A virtual (online) food truck rodeo THIS Thursday/Friday! (links)

Debra Hawkins dhawkins913311 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 21:40:54 EDT 2020

Dear Neighbors:

On the behalf of NGP Food truck committee, our in-the-park Food Truck Rodeo Kick Off Event originally scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday March 26 is *Cancelled*, relevant to the provisions of the city of Durham’s Stay-at-home Order.

It is also the desire and decision of the voting body of the board of our Northgate Park Neighborhood Association. Owing to this, an idea and

INVITATION!: Though the on-site FT Rodeo is cancelled, we invite all who wish to participate in a VIRTUAL FOOD TRUCK RODEO/SUPPORT event online, to show our appreciation for the work of our food service staff/vendors originally scheduled to appear.

We encourage participants in this virtual event to order food Thursday March 26 or Friday March 27 through the online methods sent to us by the vendors (see below), which will be delivered to homes.

Tipping for both truck staff and delivery staff is encouraged, check links for digital means and/or leave cash at the door in an envelope for your driver, as you would when paying at the park.

Details below; let's show our support by patronizing them now – and again when we can all meet in-person once more! ~ Your Rodeo Event Organizers

Here are our March Vendors:

Boricua Soul -  Southern-African/Cuban fusion cuisine: Online https://boricuasoulatc.square.site  and phone orders (919) 902-0520) accepted. Along with traditional menu, the Boricua Soul family have adjusted menu and added Family Meals that will rotate weekly. They are partnering with local delivery services: Uber Eats, Grub Hub & Door Dash.

Chez Moi -  Fab Desserts, cakes, & more! Online https://www.iloverumcake.com/collections - all orders enthusiastically accepted, and Rhonda can deliver locally! Yum!

El Jefecito – Tacos/tortillas, fresh salsas: Family owners tell us they should have phone, and hopefully also online ordering ready on Friday to start delivery services, so please consider them for your virtual rodeo fun as well. On Friday, call 919 448 8391 or go to https://eljefecitofoodtruck.com/menu/ to see if they’ve succeeded and are ready to bring you their delicious offerings!

Tootie’s Mobile Kitchen & Catering:  -  Not available for online or phone order. Please show some extra love when you see Tootie's truck, when normal service can resume! (We will update you if their status changes too!)

SHARE YOUR VIRTUAL FOOD TRUCK RODEO EXPERIENCE, PICS ON TWITTER: #NGParkvirtualrodeokickoff2020 or at Northgate Park Neighborhood Association on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/524883118423992/

And don’t for get to tweet, insta, or FB to ALL our vendor’s social media to thank them for their heroic service keeping us fed in these challenging times! #Durmfoodtruckstrong #Durmstayhomewegotthis

Join/renew membership with the NG association: www.northgateparknc.org <http://www.northgateparknc.org>

Like, Follow, Subscribe events at NPNA on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/Northgate-Park-Neighborhood-Association-678286752214997/