[Durham INC] Fwd: [DEC] Digest for durham-environmental-coalition at googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

bonita green nitab48 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 09:45:53 EST 2024

Fw: Duke Campus Farm is hiring for our next Sloss Fellow!
<http://groups.google.com/group/durham-environmental-coalition/t/1a7555609e93db1b?utm_source=digest&utm_medium=email>
Kati Henderson <kati.henderson at duke.edu>: Feb 13 04:14PM

Hi everyone, passing along this opportunity for a recent triangle-area
college graduate -- more info below, please apply/share with anyone who
might be interested!

_____

Kati Henderson (she/her/hers)

Community & University Partnerships Coordinator

Sarah P. Duke Gardens

420 Anderson Street, Durham, NC 27705

gardens.duke.edu<http://gardens.duke.edu/>

(919) 886-3816 (cell)

I'll get back to you as soon as I can. If this is time-sensitive, please
text or call. If I haven't replied to your email within a week, feel free
to remind me. And, if I'm emailing you outside the times you normally work,
please read & respond according to your own schedule. Thank you!

________________________________

This position is a two-year commitment and is open to a recent graduate
from any school in the Triangle area (within three years of graduation).
Read the blurb below for more information, click here for the full job
description<
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vukf4XzaFBGmCSk_qKyyV5I0R-v_eKULVgM-T7286sY/edit>,
and click here to apply<
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1FR2FpW2mqg3ywxmL3mQ1v1DmEgCa4kM0eT1ax-sRQtc/edit>.
Questions? Reach out to dukecampusfarm at duke.edu<mailto:
dukecampusfarm at duke.edu>.

Many thanks!

The Duke Campus Farm Team

---

The Duke Campus Farm<https://farm.duke.edu/> seeks an energetic, engaged,
and self-motivated people-person to work with the Assistant Director and
our student programming team to create, expand, and support DCF’s
co-curricular programming and outreach. The Fellow will be expected to both
facilitate existing programming and to plan and facilitate two speaker
events and two workshops over the course of their two-year term. These
events can take on any food systems-related content or theme of the
Fellow’s choosing. The Farm will also look to the Fellow, as a recent
graduate, to bring in new student-based partnerships based on their Duke
and Durham communities. Throughout all of this, the Fellow will maintain
and build our online community and hold the reins on publicizing Farm
events and communicating across a variety of audiences, both within and
beyond Duke. In all public-facing programming, the Fellow will help
support, connect, and extend our network/community.

As the Sloss Fellow, you will build DCF’s capacity along with your own,
becoming a key player in our small but mighty mission-driven organization.
This is a great opportunity to explore careers in sustainable food systems,
non-profits, and education, and to gain transferable skills in research,
public programming, communications, teaching, and facilitation. Your work
and learning will inform best practice in program development and program
evaluation, both at DCF and in our peer campus farm network. While we
welcome candidates with horticultural experience, this is not a position
designed to cultivate technical competencies in sustainable agriculture.

This fellowship is named in honor of Emily Sloss, the Duke undergraduate
who led the efforts to launch the Duke Campus Farm in 2010.

Duke Campus Farm

4934 Friends School Road

farm.duke.edu<http://farm.duke.edu/>

Find us on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/dukecampusfarm> and Instagram<
https://www.instagram.com/dukecampusfarm/?hl=en>

Join our listserv<https://lists.duke.edu/sympa/info/campusfarm>

[signature_2655820342]
Back to top <#m_-7150112846238480124_digest_top>
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this
group. You can change your settings on the group membership page
<https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_source=digest&utm_medium=email#!forum/durham-environmental-coalition/join>
.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an
email to durham-environmental-coalition+unsubscribe at googlegroups.com.