[Ohioaap-practicemanagers] 2 billing & coding updates from the Pediatric Care Council

Melanie Farkas mfarkas at ohioaap.org
Wed May 25 22:19:59 EDT 2016

Good evening! I wanted to share two important billing & coding updates from our Pediatric Care Council.

One is the need for a modifier when billing for a maternal depression screening. You can read about it here: http://ohioaap.org/ohioaap-article/modifier-necessary-for-billing-for-maternal-depression-in-some-cases/

Also, we discovered an issue with a cpt code and Buckeye Health plan that they have corrected. Read about it here: http://ohioaap.org/ohioaap-article/pediatric-care-council-alerts-buckeye-health-to-payment-issues-plan-fixes-internal-configuration/

In addition, please let the Ohio AAP staff know how this listserv can help you. We’d like to provide helpful information and encourage discussion. Email me at mfarkas at ohioaap.org<mailto:mfarkas at ohioaap.org> if you have ideas or feedback!

Thank you,
Melanie Farkas
Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics