[Ohioaap-practicemanagers] Price estimate law

Melanie Farkas MFarkas at ohioaap.org
Wed Mar 8 17:50:40 EST 2017

UPDATE: The injunction mentioned below is still in place until the end of May so this law is NOT in effect.

From: Ohioaap-practicemanagers <ohioaap-practicemanagers-bounces at lists.deltaforce.net> on behalf of PM Listserv <ohioaap-practicemanagers at lists.deltaforce.net>
Date: Wednesday, March 8, 2017 at 4:58 PM
To: PM Listserv <ohioaap-practicemanagers at lists.deltaforce.net>
Subject: Re: [Ohioaap-practicemanagers] Price estimate law

Dr. Chamberlin & all – I will find out the latest on this but a group of health care organizations, led by the Ohio Hospital Association, challenged this law in court and the last I heard, a judge issued a temporary restraining order to prevent it from becoming law.

Here is OHA’s press release on the restraining order: https://ohiohospitals.org/OHA/media/Images/News%20and%20Publications/Press%20Releases/MEDIA-STATEMENT-OHA-and-OSMA-Ohio-Price-Transparency-Law-Dec-22-2016.pdf

I will get an update and get back with everyone!