[Ohioaap-practicemanagers] PM - Depression screening payment

Michael Chamberlin mikechamberlinsoapm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 12:28:00 EDT 2017

We are having problems with getting paid for our depression screening by
Humana and Anthem,  Humana says that it is "not a covered service" and
Anthem sometimes will say that it is "included in another service" which
sounds like bundling to me.  We use the PHQ-9 and screen all patients 11
years and older at there well visit.  We use the 96127 code and have tried
a variety of modifiers on that code (-25, -33, etc).

Has anyone had problems with this screening and these insurance companies?
Any better way to code for this?

Thanks,

Mike

--