[Ohioaap-practicemanagers] Anthem/CareSource payment problem

Price, Jonathan Jonathan.Price at nationwidechildrens.org
Mon Jul 2 11:58:36 EDT 2018

?Listserv members, would you please reply to this to let your colleagues and the Ohio Chapter know whether you have been having the same problem as Dr. James Komer has with Anthem and CareSource when they are co-insuring a patient. (And if so, did you find a solution). He states his issue as follows:

    "When Anthem is primary and Medicaid is secondary, Anthem is submitting the payment to Medicaid.  We cannot get paid from Medicaid because we do not receive an EOB from Anthem.  Medicaid is requiring the EOB from Anthem to pay us.  We have attempted to contact our Anthem rep, who advised us to contact our Medicaid reps.  We have reached out to our Caresource rep and cannot get a response.  Medicaid has referred us back to Anthem."

The Ohio Chapter appreciates your help and look forward to hearing from any practice manager who has faced this issue.

   Jon Price, MD FAAP

   Co-chair, Ohio Chapter AAP, Pediatric Council?