[Ohioaap-practicemanagers] [SOAPM] Strep DNA not paid by caresource

Michael Chamberlin mikechamberlinsoapm at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 20:35:51 EST 2018

Marcie,

We stopped using the molecular Strep test several months ago.  I'm not sure
if anyone else in OH is having this problem currently.  Last year, we had
lots of problems getting this test paid last year.  After much persistence,
we were able to appeal and get them to pay for all of them, but it took
many months.

I'm posting this on the OH AAP practice manager listserv as well to see if
any one else in OH is having a similar issue.  You might want to contact
Jon Price, the chair of the OH AAP Peds Council to  see if they can help
with this.

Mike

--
Michael Chamberlin, M.D., FAAP