[Ohioaap-practicemanagers] CPT Code 99072 Info

Kristen Fluitt kfluitt at ohioaap.org
Fri Nov 20 07:35:20 EST 2020

Good morning,
The Ohio AAP would like to share with you a letter from Dr. Sara Goza, the President of National AAP.  The letter encourages payers to pay at 100% of billed charges for CPT code 99072 until CMS values the code and to avoid cost shifting expenses to patient responsibility.

Once values have been released, AAP requests that unpaid or denied claims retroactive to 9/8/20 be re-adjudicated for payment.

We urge you to continue billing the code when appropriate and to also check your contracts with payers as some contracts include language around taking back excess payments after CMS assigns value.

I have also attached a template letter you can use for claim denials.

Thanks,
Kristen

Kristen Stidham Fluitt, MS
Senior Quality Manager
Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics
Phone:  614-846-6258
Fax:  614-846-4025
Address:  94-A Northwoods Blvd. | Columbus, OH 43235
Website:  www.OhioAAP.org<http://www.OhioAAP.org>