[Ohioaap-practicemanagers] Caresource letter about telehealth coding

Michael Chamberlin mikechamberlinsoapm at gmail.com
Thu May 6 15:19:55 EDT 2021

One of our doctors received the attached letter.  It states that she did
more 99214s and 99215s compared to her peers.  Has anyone else received a
letter like this?

Of course, many of these visits (BECAUSE WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF A
PANDEMIC) were mental health and ADHD visits which typically result in
higher office visit codes.  She has good documentation to support these
codes as well.

I think that they claim that 20% of telehealth visits were 99214/215s
underestimated what we and most pediatricians have seen.  I was wondering
if anyone else has received a similar letter.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Mike

Michael Chamberlin, M.D., FAAP
Pediatric Assoc. of Mt Carmel