[MCIC Safety] MEETING TOMORROW

dick.dunmire at degussa.com dick.dunmire at degussa.com
Tue Nov 14 11:07:06 EST 2006

Dick:  I am planning to attend but will not be able to stay for the entire
meeting.  I have to be back in Greensboro for another meeting at noon.

Regards,

Dick Dunmire
ESHQ Department
(336)333-3634 (office)
(336)669-1860 (cellular)
(336)379-3593 (fax)

This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail
messages attached to it may contain information that is confidential or
legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person
notified that you must not read this transmission and that any disclosure,
copying, printing, distribution or use of any of the information contained
in or attached to this transmission is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify
the sender by telephone or return e-mail and delete the original
transmission and its attachments without reading or saving in any manner.
Thank you.

                      "Dick McDonald"
                      <DMcdonald at SHURTA        To:       <safety at mcicnc.org>
                      PE.com>                  cc:       Mark Hawes <MHawes at SHURTAPE.com>
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [MCIC Safety] MEETING TOMORROW
                      safety-bounces at mc
                      icnc.org

                      11/14/2006 10:55
                      AM

LAST MINUTE REMINDER
The MCIC NC Safety Committee meets at 10:00 AM tomorrow in the MCIC Raleigh
offices.
Our Agenda
   1. Presentation by NCOSHA Deputy Director Kevin Beauregard – “NCOSHA
      2007”
   2. Update on the Apex Fire issue and potential impacts (Jim)
   3. MCIC 2007 Objectives – the safety-related priorities (Jim)
   4. Roundtable discussion of safety management software that member
      companies are currently using (Dick)
   5. Open discussion – hot topics, best practices, and regulatory activity
   6. 2007 – Potential topics, speakers, issues and meeting dates.

To date we have heard from only four members as definitely attending. I
would certainly like to have a better showing for our guest speaker; and
the Apex Haz waste facility fire is (or should be) of particular interest
to all. Jim Kuszaj has been attending the hearings on the incident, and
will give us a report. There will likely be legislative pressure as fall
out and we will want to be prepared to defend our turf.
Please plan to attend if there is any possibility that you can, and let me
know if you are coming for planning purposes (if you haven’t already)

Thanks!

Dick McDonald
Shurtape EHS
Office: (828) 325 - 5228