[MCIC Safety] ARC FLASH

Dick McDonald DMcdonald at SHURTAPE.com
Wed Jul 11 12:22:37 EDT 2007

Hello MCIC Safety Committee,

We are working on improving our electrical safety program to include
NFPA 70 E conformance. In doing so, it would help immensely if we could
benchmark against what others are doing in this area. I would greatly
appreciate a few minutes of your time to complete this. I will report
the results to all and it will be a topic of discussion in an upcoming
meeting. And, of course, I will keep it anonymous

1.	Product or service is provided by this site
2.	Approximate number of employees
3.	Approximate age of facility
4.	Approximate number of authorized electrical workers
5.	Are workers exposed to live energized parts greater than 600 V?
6.	Are workers exposed to live energized parts at 50 to 600 V?
7.	Have you a - begun, b - completed, or c - are you planning PPE
assessments?
8.	Have you a - begun, b - completed, or c - are you planning an
Arc Flash Engineering analysis to assist in the PPE assessment?
9.	Are you using or have you used the NFPA 70E Table for your PPE
assessment?
10.	Has PPE been deployed?
11.	General comments

Thank you very much,