[MCIC Safety] Question for the groups: Light duty/volunteer work program

p.s.partido at dowcorning.com p.s.partido at dowcorning.com
Mon Mar 17 18:45:28 EDT 2008

This is what our HR manager thought of it.  Thanks!

Penny

I have never heard of this type of program. It seems risky from a
company's standpoint in that the company isn't managing the work comp or
STD case but the volunteer agency is doing the managing. I couldn't
imagine Dow Corning doing this. I would want our employees to get well
enough for us to bring them back to work at Dow Corning. If they are
well enough to volunteer then we would be able to have back at work on
light duty.

Bottom-line: It is all about managing these cases so employees can get
back to work either on light duty or full duty.

Kelly

Penny S. Partido
EH&S Operations Coordinator
Tel#:  336-547-7129