[MCIC Safety] EHS School Question for CSPs

[MCIC] Jim Kuszaj jim at mcicnc.org
Tue Jun 24 15:47:36 EDT 2008

Continuing Education Credits For Certified Safety Professionals (CSPs)

Here are two questions for anyone on the Steering Committee for the
2008 EHS School or on MCIC's Safety Committee who is certified by BCSP.

The process of getting "Continuance of Certification" (COC) credits
from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) for the 2008
EHS School is self-certifying. That is, BCSP does not pre-approve any
course. Instead it allows the sponsor to determine whether the course
covers material in what BCSP call its Examination Blueprint.

I have looked at the Blueprint and think that all the courses we are
planning to offer may qualify. However, they would only qualify under
the category of "every three hours of instruction earns 0.25 COC
points" because there is no academic credit involved and MCIC is not
an approved provider by IACET. Therefore our 8.75 hours of
instruction would equal only 0.73 COCs.

This would allow us to say: "CSPs may earn 0.73 COC points for
attending this event."

Question 1: Is it worth anything to make such a statement?

Qustion 2: Do you think that all 21 of our courses fall under the Blueprint?

Here is a link to our courses:
http://mcicnc.org/EHS_School/env_school_courses.htm